inside the house






We really only had a limited area of the house that we were able to see.  The library was particularly cool.  The books are SO old.  The house, I think, is still lived in by the Duke and Dutchess of Devonshire.  However, we were able to see the Marble Room, used in the 2005 Pride and Prejudice.  I loved it!  Ash and Martin got a bit bored at this point, but they said that the couches were very comfortable.









This was, by far, my favourite statue.  I love the way that it really looks like she has a cloth covering her.  Sculptors are amazing!  
















Ah! Aslan!














And, yes, they really do have the "Mr Darcy" bust on display.  Bless Matthew McFayden!  I thought that it was so funny!  Ashley tried to get me to kiss it for a picture, but that's a bit much.








Yes, this is Ashley's mark on Chatsworth.  Behind it is a sculpture of a woman in a little ... alcove area .. like a little greek temple.  

No comments: